• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings!

Greetings and hello !

I am 4th Kyu Shito-Ryu Itosu-Kai. I train under Ted Hall Sensei and Wendy Hawes Sensei at the Tony Agnello Memorial Karate Club, Parry Sound.

I was a member in my teens, under Tony Agnello Sensei, but left after a year. A few years back I happened to see a demo at a local fair, and talked up Ted Hall Sensei. Within a month, my entire family were newbies.

Now, 3 of our sons, my husband Dan and I are all 4th Kyu. Our other son, who does not feel karate is his thing, is instead one of our club photographers.

Along with the usual responsibilities of a good karate-ka (honour, courage, respect, practice), I also do PR for our club, writing articles for local papers concerning our features and local tourneys and run the gi-exchange.

At the Tony Agnello Memorial Club, we go for Karate. We find community, support, friendship and acceptance. We are a fully inclusive club with people of every variety and physical ability.

I am so glad we joined. We have learned so much and made so many friends.

BANZAI and KUMPAI!

~SBL

Kata Queen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome :) I'm glad tha that your family has found something they can do together. That is important. My family is also completely involed in karate and we love it. My kids have the phrase of " families that kick together stay together"