• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

fancy dress ideas

shotokan-ste

ok guys and girls ive been invited to a fancy dress party in decemberand the theme are super hero's super villians ,so i need idea's but i think batman,spiderman,superman,hulk will all be done so im after originality,did think of a predators costume from aliens movies so any advice will be welcome cheers steve

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fancy dress party? So wait, is this like semi-formal, but you're supposed to color co-ordinate a super hero costume? I think a bit more explanation is needed. What are you expected to wear? Are men wearing blazers and odd trousers? suits and ties? Jeans and sport jackets?

Two-face and Lex Luthor both wore suits pretty often. If you don't mind being evil.

I've always been a huge fan of the Punisher.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

A fancy dress party is a costume party. That's mainly a British term and I learned it on the TV show "Keeping Up Appearances." :)

I hate all the terms thrown around these days. Cocktail attire, business casual, etc. Can't we just stick with white tie, black tie and so on?

In the case of a costume party, I second Darkwing Duck, but you might want to wear pants...

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

Yes, he's from an early to mid 90's cartoon.

You could grow out a mustache, throw on some military garb, chomp on a cigar, and be Captain John Price from Modern Warfare. A boonie hat and a fake weapon or two would be finishing touches.

If it's ANY hero, you could think literary as well. Arcite, Palamon, Achilles, etc. Going as any literary hero would probably be pretty unique. Or even any villain. Imagine showing up at the Witch-king of Angmar from The Lord of the Rings.

You seem pretty set on the Predator thing though. I'm not big on ninjas, just because they never existed in the capacity people wished they did.

- Tao Te Ching

Hehe, isshinryu5toforever. :) Well, I don't think fancy dress party is a particularly new term. It's so funny that you mention black tie, too, because I just mentioned this thread and the fancy dress thing, etc. to her yesterday (before I saw your reply here) and she mentioned black tie and how it is confusing, too, as some people think it means wearing a black tie, etc. But, it's actually a complex set of stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_tie

Always best to ask for elaboration on what people want you to wear, to be safe. :lol:

Patrick