• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Turning BOB into BOB XL--Sort of

joesteph

I decided to make the BOB I have go one step further . . .

I went to Karate Depot to find something that could cushion the post below BOB, especially since I'm a low kicker. I found a Muay Thai bag costing $90 that's supposed to be a reconditioning item.

When I received it, I found that the hole in its center, where you'd encircle the post, was only a couple of inches in diameter. It's really designed for encircling a spring-type mechanism, covering it with foam and the vinyl covering. Inside, though, was a ton of foam.

I used a long thin blade, that's certainly sharp. I figured where the circle should be in the middle of the foam for the WaveMaster post (BOB uses a WaveMaster post and base) and began poking holes. Long, deep holes. I sliced right through the foam with that blade, first making holes as guides, then cutting in a circular motion as well as I could. I stabbed/cut away at both ends, then sliced the middle with that same long slender blade.

I put the vinyl covering back over the foam, fit it over the post, and BOB is now customized. His height is 5'9", and that Muay Thai bag is now his lower body. Low kicks go right into a cushioned place instead of hitting a hard plastic post.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Joe,

You've brought to life the old saying...

"Necessity is the mother of all invention!!"

Awesome and thanks for sharing it!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!