• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feel like I'm going backwards

I just got back from a three week business trip (out of the dojang for nearly four weeks) and feel extremely rusty. This feels like part of an ongoing trend though, and I'm beginning to get frustrated. During sparring last night, I was taking far too many hits, and from unexpected opponents. During line drills, I had a very hard time with jump spinning kicks like I haven't since I first learned them. I don't know if I can remember all of my forms- and I don't have that many! Like my overall skill level is declining. I was wondering if anyone else felt this way?

Just two weeks out of training and things start to decline. First to go is timing, hence you feeling rusty and taking hits during sparring. After this, fitness, flexibilty, technique (skill) and eventually strength decline as well. The only answer is to train more often.. sorry to be blunt, but thats how it works!

Stuart

--- Martials Arts are not about Fighting ---

----- They are about truth -----

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Having an off period is in my case a period in which I rediscover the sport. It's a part of growing in Martial Arts, just keep on training. You will come out more strong!

It's not about fighting, it's about balance.

It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance.

It's not about balance...