• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Disrespected Basics!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I also agree that good basics are the key to success. Even in math, you can't forget the basic stuff when doing the more complex problems. Everything starts on a good foundation, and basics supply that foundation.

Ti always remember that basics should be a part of any daily workout routine.

OSS!

Yeah, I tend to skip them when nobody is poking and prodding me, but I'm putting them back in. So much now I'm starting to gloss over the other stuff..

Looking to Japan, I noticed that their average martial arts practioner has a much higher skill level. I think it's their training. They do FAR more drilling of basic technique than we do in the West.

In the West, we have a tendency to believe that knowledge is all that's needed in the martial arts, ignoring the fact that the martial arts is a physical activity requiring drilling to build muscle memory.

I agree with what you posted. And I don't see logic on those peolpe thoughts, who think that doing the basic techniques which lower belts are practicing (for the firt time), is waste of their time. I have seen this attitude even on very low ranks. :down:

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins