• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

words to live by IMO...

I agree, for rules of common courtesy inside and outside the dojo this is a perfect rule of thumb. :)

Although I find it a little worrisome to think of using that as general "words to live by." After all, in history isn't that kind of thinking how witch trials, racism, religious persecution and other forms of mass hysteria were perpetuated?

...not to dampen the mood or anything. I'm just saying that as nice as it would be to turn off our brains and follow each other's actions all the time, I believe there is some merit to thinking about the ultimate meaning and consequences of what we do, especially if we are conforming our actions to others'. :wink:

two mans meting and this who ware kohai say "hallo sempai"and no mater that today they bouth are senseis

I really like this.

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

words to live by IMO...

I agree, for rules of common courtesy inside and outside the dojo this is a perfect rule of thumb. :)

Although I find it a little worrisome to think of using that as general "words to live by." After all, in history isn't that kind of thinking how witch trials, racism, religious persecution and other forms of mass hysteria were perpetuated?

...not to dampen the mood or anything. I'm just saying that as nice as it would be to turn off our brains and follow each other's actions all the time, I believe there is some merit to thinking about the ultimate meaning and consequences of what we do, especially if we are conforming our actions to others'. :wink:

if taken out of context then it would be... but the quote itself is used for situations where one finds him/herself in a situation where the customs is not of their own... not to shut off our brains and blindly follow others lol