• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

workout routines online?

xo-karate

Hi, I just logged in as a new member so excuse me if this is an old subject.

I'm over 50 and coming back to karate for physical condition - just to get some flexibility, strength and maybe cardio. So I am not looking for instructions but more like being in gym, but training at home. (Some one in front telling me what to do and giving a tempo.)

I've looked at internet karate/kickboxing workouts and these are more like aerobic exercises with music and rhytmic pounching, which is nice if you prefer it. I am an old school competitive karate trainer (wadoryu, but more in to sparring then katas).

Well - I will take katas to my exercise routine:-)

So I am looking for videos of workouts that can be done in fairly small space - living room and in front of a television or computer screen. (Youtube? - did not find what I was looking for...)

Would anyone be interested in shooting one? Maybe we can collect parts and compine a series?

xo-karate (xo stands for "extra old" like in cognac:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

there is a book called "The Art of Hojo Undo: Power Training for Traditional Karate" i think this might be up your ally. i know its not a video but i own the book and its awesome. you can start on youtube and search hojo undo and get a few excelent vids. you can modify all the equipment to your own specs. i hope it helps a little.

Your link is very helpful. Idea of continues development is what I'm looking for. There is no use for getting in peak condition just for a competition or belt graduation .. or something. It's better to slowly get stronger and stronge more flexible...

I googled and found http://www.ymaa.com/files/B1361-Hojo-sample.pdf

is this a sample of the right book?

I think I can simulate most of the old karate training equiptment and get similar from sports store. (kettle ball, barbel, single hand barbel, maybe even sledge hammer?)