• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Inverted Round Kick Vs. Twist Kick

Have you got that video up and going yet?

Also, are you currently under the ATA, or in a different school? If ATA, who is your instructor?

Yeah, I'm under ATA with Master Lee. I also do Wushu though. And Sorry about not putting up the video, I'm such a slacker like that. I'll try and get one up soon.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, are you currently under the ATA, or in a different school? If ATA, who is your instructor?

Yeah, I'm under ATA with Master Lee. I also do Wushu though. And Sorry about not putting up the video, I'm such a slacker like that. I'll try and get one up soon.

Ok, which Lee? There are a few around the ATA, hehe. Soon Ho should be in Little Rock, and I'm not sure who would be out of Arizona.

Master Thor used to be out of New Mexico, I think. Is he still around? He was a guest judge for our school once, and I had worked with him in a few seminars. Fun guy, and I could relate, being short like him.

Ok, which Lee? There are a few around the ATA, hehe. Soon Ho should be in Little Rock, and I'm not sure who would be out of Arizona.

Master Thor used to be out of New Mexico, I think. Is he still around? He was a guest judge for our school once, and I had worked with him in a few seminars. Fun guy, and I could relate, being short like him.

That's true about the lees lol, but I have a female teacher Michelle Langdren Lee, she is actually a seven time world champion and pretty much hangs out with the grandmaster and chief masters soon ho lee, g.k. lee and all the others lol. I believe Master Thor should still be around but dunno if he has schools, many masters had schools close down because lots of them were doing the comfortable thing of block systems. I'm glad my master concentrates on health and fighting.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

What do you mean by block systems? I'm not familiar with that.

Where some masters decided to teach for instance, yellow belt to everyone during a two month period, then everyone moves on to the next one and so forth, pretty much to make it super easy for them to teach all ranks at once. But this detracts from the student's learning curve...and I promise I'll get that video up sometime this week on the reverse round kick... :cry:

- Bruce Lee

Ok, still confused. By block systems, you mean the two month testing cycles they did? Do you have a different testing cycle now?

Actually its still two-month but there is a rumor they want to change it to four months to work two months moder exercise and fighting, and two months to work on traditional forms.

BUT the block system meant...okay lets say I have ten new students that are white belts, a couple of yellow belts, a green belt, a blue belt, and red belt. I would then teach EVERYONE let's say green belt form just because for two months, then we would move to blue, brown, and red, then start over at white. And the WHOLE school would do this together....yeah..there is no rhyme or reason for it besides an instructor wants to make money while not working hard.

- Bruce Lee

Ah, ok. That helps a bit more. I had never hears Master Thor talk about teaching in such a way, and our school never did that. We always broke up into rank groups and worked on the forms for our belt, and the instructors would make the rounds to help and teach.

Actually its still two-month but there is a rumor they want to change it to four months to work two months moder exercise and fighting, and two months to work on traditional forms.

I kind of like the way this sounds. In my opinion, you can never work too much on the sparring aspect, and two months is more than enough time to dedicate to forms, since there aren't any applications to learn. And the extra two months gives more time to straighten out all the technical aspects of the forms as well.

Ah, ok. That helps a bit more. I had never hears Master Thor talk about teaching in such a way, and our school never did that. We always broke up into rank groups and worked on the forms for our belt, and the instructors would make the rounds to help and teach.

I kind of like the way this sounds. In my opinion, you can never work too much on the sparring aspect, and two months is more than enough time to dedicate to forms, since there aren't any applications to learn. And the extra two months gives more time to straighten out all the technical aspects of the forms as well.

I agree, it is pretty awesome, so far it seems cool. And yeah, I've only known of one Master that tried to do the whole school block system and he failed miserably. He also pretty much ruined his student's experience, his schools closed, no one would judge them in tournaments cuz you'd have green belts not knowing their form and doing white. And then to top it off, we accepted some students and they...were horrible. Out of shape, embarrasing to look at, it pretty much is a bad idea to do whole school block system.

- Bruce Lee