• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Internet video

Robbo

Which methodology should you adhere to? The methodology of the style? The methodology of your fellow martial artists? The methodology of what works the best for you? The methodology of your instructors' instructor? The methodology of your instructor? The methodology of proven martial arts champions? The methodology of the well known martial artists? Your methodology?

Another step in your journey is about to be made!!

Interesting....

Imo the kick itself isn't that important (or not always in this particular case), it's the mechanics behind how you do the kick that is the key.

As SeishanGirl says, typical Wado Sokuto (as practiced as Kihon in many clubs) is 3/4 maegeri rotating into side kick in the last 1/4. However you won't find this kick in any of the “traditional” Wado kata.

My thought process therefore leads me to feel that, by practicing it, you can engender body mechanics that can do a whole lot more than just kick - I'm thinking more along the “Kuzushi” lines maybe????

Most Wadoka will tell you that that “hip feeling” when doing sokuto is a very familiar one.

Sojobo

I know violence isn't the answer... I got it wrong on purpose!!!

http://www.karatedo.co.jp/wado/w_eng/e_index.htm

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt