• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello fellow Martial Artists!!!

TKDKeller

Hey everyone, my name is Jason keller - 27 currently living in Sioux Falls, SD and recently seperated from the Active Duty Air Force a couple months ago. I am married with an almost 3 year old daughter. I started martial arts at 14 in Belle Plaine, Iowa, It was called Jungs TaeKwonDo(Created by Master Woo Jin Jung), not sure if it was ITF or WTF but the forms had Chun Gi, Dan Gun, Do San and Palwge. I practiced and loved that school till I was 17 and made it to 6th Dan Brown Belt, one away from my red/black when I had to move to Columbia TN because of my dads job, from there I practiced on my own a couple of years and trained friends in taekwondo/ sparring on a private basis. I then joined ATA at moody's ATA academy around the age of 19-20 but didn't stick with it(didn't really care for it, real political and was more skilled then the instructors :kaioken: ) but helped teach and start there XMA program. I quit and got married and joined the air force in 06' and was stationed in Minot, ND where I joined Dan Merck's ATA school where I finally earned my 1st Dan Black Belt but was highly out of shape from when I was 18 and lacked a lot of the skills I had, now I am 27 and wanting to get self trained in my garage before I find a school to join as I am heavier now and can barely kick over my waist :bawling: lol, I think you have a great community here and tons of information, looking forward to sharing ideas and info and hope to get some great feedback. Thanks Guys!!!

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome, Jason. :karate:

I have experience with the ATA as well. Depending on the school you find, you can get good or bad. The ATA does have some good programs out there.

As far as the training on your own to get back into shape before rejoining a class, I would forego that, and just find a class to join up with. That training will likely whip you back into shape quicker than doing so on your own, and the training may be more focused, too.

Best of luck to you in finding your training! :)

Welcome, Jason. :karate:

I have experience with the ATA as well. Depending on the school you find, you can get good or bad. The ATA does have some good programs out there.

As far as the training on your own to get back into shape before rejoining a class, I would forego that, and just find a class to join up with. That training will likely whip you back into shape quicker than doing so on your own, and the training may be more focused, too.

Best of luck to you in finding your training! :)

I think I may do just that and find a school nearby. Thanks

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit