• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that how I see it, getting black was my target when started, once I get I know that my years of effort have been worth every minute. As am so close to the goal, am now looking beyond it and what I can do afterwards as I got this far am not giving up just because I got to black. I been speaking with the chief instructor of the association I belong about becoming an instructor and opening a club in my area, as there isn't many clubs around me. Hopefully will be meeting up with him after the grading, then hopefully getting instructor training and open a club in my area sometime in 2011. I want away I could move forward with my karate but also give back what I learned from karate. Hopefully I will become a good instructor, as my current job is a sports coach.

Currently 1st Kyu

Had two failed attempt at 1st dan

Third attempt sunday 19th december

I'm sure you'll get it. I'm just intrigued by how other schools do there testing. kinda a fascination of mine to say the least.

good luck next time.

Brian

well my association does large gradings and has a pre grading lesson a couple of weeks before the grading, my association has mulitpe grading centres because of the location of the clubs. The main gradings are for 10th kyu to 2nd kyu, once at first kyu there a separate grading for black , four times a year at two at one location and two at another.

Currently 1st Kyu

Had two failed attempt at 1st dan

Third attempt sunday 19th december

• 1 year later...

Ask your Sensei to take you for a private lesson before your next grading. Ask him/her to take you through the whole syllabus and tell you what you need to improve on. Like a sort of pre-grading grading.

My Sensei did this for myself and another guy two weeks before our grading. He identified any weak points and we knew what we had to work on. We both passed.

- Chris

• 2 months later...
Yes, would be interesting to know. I hope grading worked out for OP.

Old Thread, but yes it would be nice to know.

Patrick, if you have the contact details would you be able to ask the OP if they achieved their grading. I understand we need to fascilitate Data Protection here.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)