• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Eek, grading in two days!

Hi all,

Well, right now I'm scared! My sensei just sprung a grading on my husband and I - on Sunday! I thought that since they hadn't mentioned it yet, they didn't think we were ready, and we wouldn't be grading until December.

I'm glad they think we're ready, but eek! There's still so much I feel unsure about.

The last grading we both did really well - they moved us from a discretionary Yellow belt (given witout grading), to Green. I don't want to show up at this grading and look sloppy, and have the panel think that I got complacent or arrogant because of that good grading.

Because of skipping Orange, we haven't sparred in a grading yet, :o , so nervous about that too.

Plus, I tweaked my ankle in the last traning session. Nothing serious, but I'm nursing it with ice / ibuprofen to make sure it's fine for Sunday.

Just posting to go EEEK! To some people who understand :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks!

Well, the grading is over. My husband got a Blue Belt First Class, and I passed too, but only Second Class. I got first class in three areas, but the other five were pulled own by the fact that there's not enough length to my moves, and not enough hip movement.

It's an issue I've been told about for months, but can't seem to fix, so I'm happy I've passed, but depressed about my hip movement, I probably have five or six months to get it better, but I don't know what to do to fix it!

But, a pass is a pass, and second class is still good (there's third class, then fail), so I guess I should be happy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to both of you. :) Sorry that you didn't reach first class, but like you said, a pass is still a pass - and an achievement. :)

Patrick