• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hard Feelings

I agree with everyone else. It's time to find a new place to train.

It's unfortunate that you were treated that way, especially when you had some trying times at home.

I got a phone call from my school the other day. I hadn't been to class in the better part of two weeks. They were calling to make sure every thing was OK, even though they're aware of my wacky schedule AND my son had told 'em that I was at work a lot.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a new "home"

good luck

Exco

1st Dan Black Belt- Tang Soo Do

Certified Assistant Instructor Tang Soo Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Soheir

I do not believe it was because we missed some classes. I do not really no why. I have a sneaky suspicion tho.

I have felt stuff there for a while, a long while. We have left and found a new school further away. We sat in on a class and like what we saw. Hoping to intend class soon.

I know we discussed this in a different setting, but wanted to chime in here, too.

First off, the instructor did not handle the situation very professionally. If he did not want you to help out since you had missed time (perhaps because he wanted to make sure you still remembered everything), then he should have spoke to you directly about it, and not to the students the way he did. I'm not sure if I relayed my opinion this way in my previous message, but this is how I would have handled it.

I completely understand being hit and miss as a student. I have been that hit and miss student all summer long, and still am. As a 3rd dan, I'm expected to teach classes as part of my rank/testing requirements. I have no real desire to test any time soon, so I don't worry about it. I have three kids, one of which is a daughter in high school, and she runs cross country. So, I have been busy with going to these meets, doing other school functions, and generally filling my duties as husband and parent (which trump any MA duties anyone may assume I have).

I'm sorry to hear about all this happening to you. Perhaps you will be able to find something better out of the whole deal. Who knows?

Thats sad. Glad you seemed to have found a new dojo that seems to work.

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.