• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When you actually hit someone

yes sir........ but the round house punch (as known as a haymaker) is very easy to block and counter from. :nod:

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Aug 12, 2001 7:41am

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, haymakers are better for finishing someone off... kinda like a big kick technique...

When you're in a fight it's not so much anger as it is the adreniline that keeps u from feeling pain.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Hitting with your nuckles can hurt but it's not too bad if you go for the nose,temple, and the chin. True palm strikes are very effective but i wouldn't recomend the ridgehand. There is a lot of soft tissue in the side of your hand and hitting a person is a lot different than breaking boards.

punch kick shoot pound submitt

I've never broken a board in my life and doubt whether i could do it. I have had boards broken over my stomach, however.

I know exactly what hitting a face is like, but i still reckon the ridge-hand is pretty good if u'r fast enough with it.

'g' said a very excellent little piece of info there before too... They will probably want to stop fighting after u hit them.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

what happens if you hit someone with a palm heel strike? Will this injure your hand or does it depend on the target (hard/soft) etc?

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Excuse my ignorance but im assuming that a ridgehand is where the fingers are held straight and you hit with the side of your hand.

For all those people using ridgehands, try this:

Just before you hit something tense your hand into a fist. (ie. like a hammerfist) this sudden switch from a relaxed state (which will give you incredible speed) to a clenched fist (will give you awesome "whipping power") will make your attack just as hard, if not harder than hitting someone with your knuckles. Think of hitting someone with a hammer, as opposed to jabbing them with it. A clenched hand using the same technique the same as a ridgehand is alot harder, try it if your skeptical.

Palm heel strikes:

If you hit them with the right part of your palm, you should not injure your hand as you are using the full force of your forearm bone.

An argument against hitting with a closed fist (for beginners)

Any of you who do not have super conditioned nuckles, go to a brick wall and hit it as hard as you can with a) your nuckles and then b) your open hand. I gurantee that because you know the brick wall isnt going to give, you will hit less hard with your nuckles (to protect them) as opposed to your open hand, because you are hitting with somewhat softer tissue (but when you condition it, it becomes just as hard as nuckles). So therefore, you will effectively produce a better strike from a open palm as opposed to a closed fist using nuckles.

Just a little food for thought :)

Dane.

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

Just before you hit something tense your hand into a fist. (ie. like a hammerfist) this sudden switch from a relaxed state (which will give you incredible speed) to a clenched fist (will give you awesome "whipping power") will make your attack just as hard, if not harder than hitting someone with your knuckles. Think of hitting someone with a hammer, as opposed to jabbing them with it. A clenched hand using the same technique the same as a ridgehand is alot harder, try it if your skeptical.

...interesting...