• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings from Iran

Hi all

I'm a seventeen year old girl from Iran. I lived in England for a few years when I was a kid and I was badly bullied in school there. When we came back to Iran I was severely depressed and close to suicidal, but then I started karate and it changed my life. I love everything about the martial arts. The techniques, balance, flexibility, strength and most of all the spirit behind the fighting. Three years and three months have passed since the day I started and I am currently a purple belt (kyu 4), but I feel like a complete novice and hope to learn something with every passing day.

The greatest fight is the fight with oneself

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi, I am not really the welcoming committee as I myself am merely a newcomer to this forum, however I just wanted to say I definitely can relate to your post.

You are a brave person to write what you wrote. I was in sort of the same situation myself and karate definitely kept me on the good side of sanity. When everything gets you down; there's nothing better than smashing out a few kata's and having a friendly sparring session with your fellow karate-ka.

- Chris

This is what the Martial Arts is about, and it really motivates me to get started in training again. Thanks for having the courage to stick it out Tigress, martial arts will change your life if you stick with it and live by its principles! Congrats on Purple!! :karate:

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit