• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KO Super Kata Gold gi

christoh

hello everyone, I am thinking of getting a couple of new gi's, however, need some help from my fellow karate-ka. I currently use a Tokaido Kata Master and I love it but am considering supplementing it with a KO Super Kata Gold (Luca Valdesi signature series.) Prices are comparable. The KO gi has velcro binding in lieu of the traditional tie-up laces so I am a bit concerned that they may come loose.

Does anyone have a KO Super Kata Gold? If so, what's it like?

I would appreciate any feedback!

- Chris

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well I purchased both the KO super kata gold and the elegant gi's (both in kata cut) and they seem excellent. I am yet to train in them due to an injury however they feel of a very high quality.

I will update this post once I have used them.

- Chris

• 1 month later...

I will definitely let you know how the gi performs when I finally get to use it. The jacket closure points are velcro but they seem quite secure plus the belt will hold it together should it fail as the ties sometimes do. The pant waist is elastic... I hate that in a gi as it makes the gi feel cheap but I am sure I will get used to it.

- Chris

• 2 months later...

so I finally used it and I am very, very impressed with it. I have also used my other KO gi (the "elegant") and it is also great. I highly recommend KO gi's.

- Chris

• 1 year later...
so I finally used it and I am very, very impressed with it. I have also used my other KO gi (the "elegant") and it is also great. I highly recommend KO gi's.

- Chris

So, Chris, i am also thinking about buying a K.O Elegant.

But i have a few questions for you.

1) Is the suit comfortable to wear or really tight.

2) Are the trousers wide? (For perfect stances in my kata's)

3) Is it good quality?

Thanks.

/

I actually prefer the Elegant to the Super Kata Gold.

1) It is very comfortable to wear. The pants are elasticised, so you don't have to tie up your pants after every kata, round of kihon or sparring.

2) The trousers are wide. It's a perfect kata gi. I have worn it in many competitions. My former Sensei (because I moved interstate) wears one for competition as well.

3) It's very good quality. I have been using it for a couple of years and it's still in great condition.

You won't regret buying one.

- Chris

• 5 months later...

The Elegant just feels better for me. I think the Elegant also sits better on me and I prefer the tie-up laces (which the Elegant possesses) instead of the velcro that is on the Kata Gold. Don't get me wrong, the Kata Gold is a great gi, however I reach for my Elegant every time. I have six gis (Tokaido, Shureido, Kamikaze etc) and I only train and compete in the Elegant.

- Chris

• 3 weeks later...