• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

entered my first tournament

shotokan-ste

hi people well my sensei has entered me into an annual tournament that we hold im in 3 classes individual kata,team kata(3 students performing the same kata,and kumite,luckily for me ill be fighting against 10th-4th kyu(im a 5th kyu purple belt,but being 30 something speed might not be my strong point lol,ive already ordered a groin guard just incase,being my first tournament im both very exciteted and very nervous,but mainly i will gain experience and my karate will only benefit.i remember attending last year(i had only had 2 classes under my belt )and id never have thought that 1 year later id be attending as a 5th kyu :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good for you, get yourself a good mouth guard too.

I was a 5th kyu too when I entered my first ( and only) club tourney, plenty of nerves kept me buzzing all day, and I didn't feel any of the blows I took on the day, but hurt like he'll the following day. Had a brill time though.

Let us know how you get on. And remember that point fighting in tournaments is very fast and light, I went in too heavy and hence slow in mine and lost, badly!

1st Dan Black Belt Traditional Shotokan Karate

I love tournaments, more for the social aspect than anything! I mean, you get to see people that share the same interest and network. You also will most likely see them year after year! Definitely is a great opportunity.

Having said that, best of luck! :D

Goodluck!!! i want to try to join a tournament also, but not this year. i want to feel the adrenaline.. lol.

"If you train hard, the fight is easy!" - Manny "PACMAN" Pacquiao.