• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

20,000 Posts at KarateForums.com

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hey all,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

This post is the 20,000th post that I've made here. This is pretty remarkable to me, that I would not only be a part of a community long enough to reach 20,000 posts, but also that I would manage one long enough to do so. I'm getting old. :)

In May of next year, we'll celebrate 10 years of KarateForums.com (if you have any ideas for how we should do that, please shoot them my way :)), and it is amazing how much time has passed, how many special memories have been made in this time, how many friendships have been made and how much has been accomplished, not just here, but elsewhere, in my life and in yours (however long you've been here). :)

And though we may not have many members from the first year or two still around, which is natural for an online community that has been around this long, we certainly have a good mix of people who have been around the block with us, right alongside those that are brand new.

Regardless of which camp you fall into, I'd like to thank you for allowing me to reach 20,000 posts. It's a testament to the community, it's longevity and the number of solid contributions here that I was able to make it to that number. Post count, in and of itself, is not the most important thing. But, to reach a number like this, it takes more than just me, it takes a community.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick

Osu!

My respects. :) I love this forum too. and the people of course. ;)

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

Thank you so much for the replies, Bob, George, Cliff, Danielle, Jeffrey, Heidi, Brian, tonydee, John, sperki and Blade96. I really appreciate it and the kind words mean a great deal to me. Thank you.

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding. The last few weeks have been very crazy (lots of travel and planning for speaking engagements).

LOL, Brian. I'm sure you'll get there. :)

sperki, I have more posts here than I have at any of the other communities that I manage. It's not particularly close. This is also the biggest community of the bunch, by number of contributions, by far.

Thanks again all. It was really nice to return after an absence and read the replies made here.

Sincerely,

Patrick