• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you think it's appropriate for women to train with men?

Alright, well good news :) I told my mom what ps1 said, and I think it really made her think about it. She agreed to let me compete! I had a great time at the tournament, and got second place! I think especially after my mom saw it she realized how good it is to know, especially for girls. She even asked if I could teach my sister some BJJ! :D Thanks for all the advice, and you all have valid points. Thanks!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, well good news :) I told my mom what ps1 said, and I think it really made her think about it. She agreed to let me compete! I had a great time at the tournament, and got second place! I think especially after my mom saw it she realized how good it is to know, especially for girls. She even asked if I could teach my sister some BJJ! :D Thanks for all the advice, and you all have valid points. Thanks!

Congratulations. I'm glad you had a good time at the tournament.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Do you think it's appropriate for women to train with men?

It's not only appropriate, it's necessary!!

Gender seperation, imho, has no business in any type of martial arts training. As a martial artist, I'm not there to touch anyone inappropriately while I'm training, but, if I do touch someone, in thier opinion, inappropriately it's only in the course of the moment of the training across the board.

If the "techniques" at hand dictate to me that I must strike and the like in that "inappropriate area", then that's what I'm going to do without any hesitation. Otherwise, when it's for real, man or woman, I'll hesitate when I should strike without any reservation whatsoever!!

My attackers aren't only going to be males!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sensei8, I love your attitude on this issue! People in class NOT hitting me in the sternum because it's too close to the breast does not do me any favors. Quite the contrary! I need to get USED to it. And I don't like the unfair advantage it gives me over other students in kumite.

Outside of the dojo, however, sensei makes a point of punching me in the chest when we spar and the like. :}

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.