• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How old is a geezer?

SaiFightsMS

Some people think age is a prerequisite needed in order to gain experience, knowledge, and wisdom. It is not a matter of how many years you live that makes the difference, it's a matter of what you do with each year you live. Everyone does not grow, experience and develop at the same age in life. Some people grow up quickly while others may never grow up and how we grow from what we experience makes a big difference. It may take one person 20 years of living to develop an understanding of wisdom, while another person may take 50 years, and some may never attain it.

It is much easier to judge someone by age, rather then spending the time to get to know them, who they are, their experiences and accomplishments.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am a firm believer in the idea that you are as old as you feel. Negative thinking will make you feel much older. We are as old or young as we want to be.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Alright, how can I say this without hurting other people. Wait...what was the question again. Let me scroll back down the page. Ah, forget it....I'm feeling sleepy, need to take a nap.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary

Pronunciation: 'gE-z&r

Function: noun

Etymology: probably alteration of Scots guiser (one in disguise)

Date: 1885

: a queer, odd, or eccentric person -- used especially of elderly men

I'm getting there.... :lol:

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Odd.....eccentric...yep-yep......elderly?...I prefer "experienced" :D [/i]

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."