• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How old is a geezer?

SaiFightsMS

Actually this comes from a recent introduction.

How old is a geezer? Does physical conditioning affect the age of geezerdom? Is geezerdom a state of mind? Are the older martial arts students condsidered geezers at an earlier age than their couch potato type peers?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hmmm...the geezer, well in the opinion of me, a 16year old I wouldn't call and older person who is active, healty, and strong a geezer before someone who is bedridden and falling apart. I do believe it is more of a mentality then physical reality however. I feel it is possible for an older person to act young thereby avoiding the state of geezerness for a period of time.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Eh.....GGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Well, in many societies, geezer is just a term for any man - eg. "Aye up geezer" "man, ure a geezer"

I means nothing of age.

But in answer to your question, I dunno about geezers - I just know I am one

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

A geezer.....hmmmmm.....sometimes I feel like one and Im 20. I call my parents the geezers usually and my grandparents the ancients. Its all in good fun though. I just pick on them. I think the way you feel is really what matters.

If your young at heart and you move all day your not a geezer. My Uncle is over 50 and probably one of the most fit people I know. He works hard and is healthy. I wouldnt call him a geezer. I only call my parents that to pick on that but for the most part I wouldnt consider them geezers either.

Maybe the really old pruny man sitting on his cabin steps playing the banjo. Can't really move and he is singing to his hound. That might be a geezer (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Basically in all of my rambling on Im saying it depends how young the person feels at heart.

:up: