• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High quality black Gi for a little grappling and throws

Akikazeninja

Who makes a high quality black gi suited well for a little grappling and throwing? :karate:

The path leading to anger and conflict is wide and easy to travel the path leading to self control and discipline is narrow and difficult

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 months later...

Really, just about any judo gi will do the trick--I have both a cheap generic Chinese-made gi and a Datsusara MMA hemp/cotton gi for judo and both have held up very well. If it doesn't come in black just pick up some RIT dye and MAKE it black

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

About any quality BJJ gi company will suffice as well. Granted some are more than others. If you can find them, Padilla and Son's make a nice black model or two that will serve you very well. Additionally, they are very cheap considering the prices normally associated with BJJ gis.

• 2 years later...

My instructor wears a Black Shureido KB-10 (Which is their 100% Cotton Heavyweight model). I have the k-10 (Which is the same but white) The quality is outstanding, and it stands up to heavy grappling/throwing. It is still structurally perfect after about 15 months.

"Wake from Death, and Return to Life"

-Unknown