• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

JKA - Enoeda, Kanazawa and Ohta

ryoanji.budo

Welcome to KF, Shotoianjkaonly; glad that you're here!!

I'm not from Shotokan, and with that being said, I take any and all statements/reports and the like quite lightly because, after having read about this over the years, I'm still not sure with of these is accurate. What I do know is that the MA world either suffered a lot in the splits or the MA world benefitted by the splits, depending on whom one is asking.

Politics :evil: destroy the betterment of the style. I know, I deal with politics all of the time in the governing body that I'm the President of, and for now being, there's a calming peace...for now.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Have you tried contacting Harry Cook about it?

He is very approachable and probably better to get it from the horse’s mouth.

Sojobo

HERE Goes another one of my "gloomy" MA posts.

NEVER take what a book says as the absolute "truth".

Even from the "horses" mouth. There is not only "2 sides of the story" .. there are actually 100's of variations of the "story' that actually comes out of the "horses" mouth.

here are just a few examples of what ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

There is the :

- Biography version with a book writer asking and adding his opinion

- the gossip version

- the 1,2,3,4,5 party version

- the acquaintance version

- the dojo population version

- the general black belt dojo version

- the best student version

- the family(wife) version

- the 10 years later version

- the 20 years later version

- the 30,40,50,60+ years later version

- even a FORUM version...

etc

etc

etc

etc

How do i know? Because i myself am guilty of having different "VERSIONS" to explain what happened within the Karate World of Politics/Instructors. I would never tell the actual version of a "BAD MARTIAL ARTIST or ORGANIZATION" that would make someone look bad(even if it is the truth) to a "author" of a book. BUT i would tell my top high ranking and loyal students(very few) the "HARDCORE" version on my terms, not when asked.

Its sad that many people read books and take an authors translation as "fact". A book is a good guide to start with, but the reader has to read "between" the lines to even get remotely close to the actual "story or event".

I really hate to be the person to bring the bad new all the time.

sorry!

Just train hard and enjoy your "ART". Forget trying to get the "facts and history" it will only take time from your actual goals.

interesting knowledge

Sojobo

This may be quite difficult given his current predicament.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

From Kanazawa "side" , no he did not have any bad feeling towards Enoeda back in the day(it could have changed with time). But Kanazawa did have a "BIG problem" with Nishiyama.

DISCLAIMER: REMEMBER, i am just a random person on the internet.

interesting knowledge

From Kanazawa "side" , no he did not have any bad feeling towards Enoeda back in the day(it could have changed with time). But Kanazawa did have a "BIG problem" with Nishiyama.

DISCLAIMER: REMEMBER, i am just a random person on the internet.

I do like what you said here...

sorry!

Just train hard and enjoy your "ART". Forget trying to get the "facts and history" it will only take time from your actual goals

Train hard, and train well!!

Whether a book is accurate or not, I suppose that that's up to the reader. But, if nothing else, hopefully the book was at least...well...entertaining!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sojobo

This may be quite difficult given his current predicament.

K.

Just read the current Wikipedia page about him. He most likely won't be available for questions until around 2022. I don't know how it works in the UK, but his type don't do well in prison here in the States. I guess he's finding out the hard way on a regular basis if what he learned and taught was realistic or not.

Sensei Enoeda and kanazawa were long time friends , as young black belts they used to go the Tokyo docks looking for some hands on practice !

In the 60s they came to England to teach and made a huge impact on British karate .

Enoeda sensei had such great spirit and aura and went on to expand his association KUGB and produce many fine karatekas who are all great teachers themselves .

I had the privilege to train under sensei Enoeda few times and I also took my kyu grades up to brown belt with otha sensei .

The only time sensei Enoeda taught at a club outside of KUGB was when he taught at our club on a number of occasions ,it was indeed a great honour for us to have him teach us in our own club .

The reason was sensei Dave Hazard was one of his top students and had high regards for him .

on one occasion sensei Enoeda was going to teach us but had suffered from back problem injury but he still came down and sat in the class to watch us train under sensei Hazard and afterwards was so impressed by his teaching.

ohta was a product of JKA instructor class so as you would imagine he was very good . I took most of my kyu gradings up to brown belt under him .

It was a long time ago but I still remember his crisp techniques and gracefull movements.

never give up !