• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

On My Own!!

Martial artists from the four corners of the earth spend an untold countless amount of hours, days, weeks, month, years, and decades literally on one thing; perfecting themselves. In this noble venture, certain things aren’t so easy to accept, therefore, the journey of every martial artist isn’t a vain and/or self-centered desire to improve their kihon, kata, and kumite. To raise one’s very own expectations beyond where eagles sore isn’t a futile exercise of uplifting our ego. No! Our search is never satisfied because we’re extremely questioning ourselves at every turn in our martial art journey, and in that, we must be honest with ourselves; we can do better! I can do better!

I don’t search because my instructor’s instructor says so. I don’t search because my instructor says so. I don’t search because it’s the popular thing to do. I don’t search because my friend says so. I don’t search because my training partner(s) say so. I don’t search because a notable martial artist says so. I don’t search because some judge at some tournament says so. I don’t search because those closest to me say so. I don’t search because it’s required of me. No! I search because that’s what imperfection does; seeks perfection. I search because I’m the proponent of that which states that the summation of ‘why’ is to the summation of ‘because’. I search not on someone else’s time; instead, I search on my own. For me: and for no one else.

I search on my own not only because it encapsulates my deepest and innermost desire, but it also drives that unquenchable curiosity of mine. So says that well known proverb; curiosity is what killed the cat. What if? What might be? What? When? Who? Why? Where? How? I need, no; I must satisfy my curiosity if I’m to be honest with myself, both as an individual, but as a martial artist as well.

On my own I search, prod, seek, find, ask, doubt, discover, reveal, hunt, quest, shakedown, sweep, chase, pursue, reconnaissance, scout, canvas, survey, explore, probe, and forage. This and so much more, but again, I do it on my own. I do it on my own because ‘it’ is mine alone.

On my own I search until tomorrow. On my own I search the world until there’s no tomorrow. On my own I search because I’m still learning. On my own I search because the opposite; the void, isn’t an option. I walk this journey of the martial arts willingly. On my own! I'm not speaking about loneliness. No. I need any and all of the help my fellow martial artists can provide me, but, it'll be on my own conditions and stipulations, but more importantly; my search will be ON MY OWN!! As your martial arts journey is on your own!

I love the martial arts! I love my martial arts! I love my search! I love my journey! But only on my own!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great post, love it!

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

Nice post. I think this is one of the things that made me stick at martial arts compared to other sports.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius