• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just received Red/ White stripe

Hello everyone:

I wasn't sure where to say hello, and/ or make my first post.

My son (who will be 11 next week) and I tested yesterday for our Red/ White stripe belt in Tang Soo Do. We both passed the test, though as is typical of such things, everything didn't go as perfectly as either of us would have liked.

We've been training on and off for almost 5 yrs now. We started with Tae Kwon Do. I received my green belt in TDK, he received his Advanced yellow.

As all too often seems to be the case, life kept getting in the way. We didn't always have the time available to make it classes, then he lost interest for awhile. Then our instructor sold out to someone else, whom I didn't particularly care for, either his personality or his teaching style. (I never realized just how important instructor chemistry was before that). When the new instructor took over, he changed the schedule to a point where it was even more difficult to make it to class.

Fast forward about 6 months we found a new school, based on the referral of a neighbor (neighbor's son is 2nd Dan, husband is 1st Dan, and she just received her Red). It's been about a year now, and we have been enjoying our training, and attending class as often as possible. I received my assistant instructor certification last year, and my son is hoping to get his soon as well. We're both looking forward to testing for our Black about this time next year!

Exco

1st Dan Black Belt- Tang Soo Do

Certified Assistant Instructor Tang Soo Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt