• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

90% of fights go to the ground?

OSU JJN- yeah, I'm glad I left too! And now I am much more careful- I don't walk around in the city late at night on my own if I can help it. :}

It's always just a statistic until it happens to you, though... I hear "statistically speaking, chances are low that you will ever be attacked!" But then, the statistics for women being sexually assaulted at some point in their lives is actually said to be quite high.

A number of the things that happened when I was an adult, happened here in the bay area. It kind of changed my stance on a number of matters pertaining to self-defense and permits. :P

My horsemanship mentor always says "the best way to survive being in the middle of a gang war where there's a gang charging towards you from both ends of the alley late at night is to NOT GO DOWN AN ALLEY LATE AT NIGHT."

'Course, that's not so cut and dried when you, say, work night shift and have to walk to your car alone in the parking lot...

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU JJN- yeah, I'm glad I left too! And now I am much more careful- I don't walk around in the city late at night on my own if I can help it. :}

It's always just a statistic until it happens to you, though... I hear "statistically speaking, chances are low that you will ever be attacked!" But then, the statistics for women being sexually assaulted at some point in their lives is actually said to be quite high.

A number of the things that happened when I was an adult, happened here in the bay area. It kind of changed my stance on a number of matters pertaining to self-defense and permits. :P

My horsemanship mentor always says "the best way to survive being in the middle of a gang war where there's a gang charging towards you from both ends of the alley late at night is to NOT GO DOWN AN ALLEY LATE AT NIGHT."

'Course, that's not so cut and dried when you, say, work night shift and have to walk to your car alone in the parking lot...

Yes Ma'am! I just did an Escape Safe seminar for women this week and am very aware of stats as it's my job to make them aware. And as for the alley.... I agree "Best block, no be there"! lol :wink:

Here is the deal, though.....you don't always have control of what happens in a fight....and even if you don't want to, you can end up on the ground. So, regardless of whether going to the ground is a good idea or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that you CAN end up there, even if you DON'T want to, so its good to be able to fight from there.

Very good post.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."