• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Quality shield

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Price range would help a lot.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Thats the thing, i haven't bought any training equipment in a long time, and i don't think the place that i used to shop is still there. I don't know how much anything costs anymore, and money is alittle tight right now. There's only 3 of us for right now, so what i need is some ideas on brands and costs. It doesn't have to be top of the line stuff, just good enough to not explode the first time i kick it. Right now i'm taking the top off my free standing bag, which is hard to hold on to.

In that case, I would suggest ProForce or Century. Both come from large companies with the ability to provide services if you get faulty equipment, and neither one will break the bank. They're definitely not in the same class as Isami, but they will do the job. I'm not positive about pricing, but you should be able to check it online. Century has its own website, and ProForce, I think is affiliated with Asian World of Martial Arts, a very large retailer.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

My dojo trains with revgear equipment and it is very quality stuff century is good too

The path leading to anger and conflict is wide and easy to travel the path leading to self control and discipline is narrow and difficult

Thanks for all your help, i have some century, everlast, and kp equipment, but it's all getting old. I have never bought any kind of shield, because i never had anyone to hold one outside of the dojo, and they had their own. Now i need one to help teach my kids, who are getting to strong to let practice kicks without a shield.

• 2 months later...

If your really on a tight budget and would like a decent shield that is less than $38.00 then check out the Tiger Claw Foam Shield. Its dimensions are 30''x15''x4.5''. You can find it at several places online. Just do a search for Tiger Claw Foam Shield.

Sensei Kellam

Karate is a way of life!

http://cranemartialarts.ecrater.com/