• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Strange Feeling..........

I still view everything with the same skepticism I did before. The only difference is that, with my new understanding that Qi in some form is true, the standards are a little different for some claims. (you know, reasonable claims require reasonable proof; extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof).

I don't know of any books that offer testable proof... For me, it was only learning to perform a no-touch technique reliably on strangers that convinced me... That was through a seminar.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOPs, CKD :o .

I guess I just keep searching for an answer. I have not seen anything that di not have an explanation first hand. My mind is open however skeptical I may be. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I know what you mean Shotochem. I am sure that there is a scientfic explaination, but I would like to think that there is still some mystery in this world.

Some things are best left undiscovered.

Take Care.

Science can explain absolutely everything... just not yet. As it is, it comes down to personal preference when deciding if we want to put our beliefs on hold until further notice from the science community, or if we just want to go ahead and believe in something we've seen and felt and read about because life is short and we may be dead before it's ever actually proven/understood.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Well put omnifinite, I'm unsure if science does have the answer for everything but I agree, why wait and find out. If I've seen it, felt it and experianced it well thats good enough for me.

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.

Like I tell my students. One day it will click. You may be in class or on the tolit but one day ti will make sense and things will quickly start to come to you. I can't place when this happend for me.

I'v figured out several kata aplications on the toilet! :lol:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• 5 months later...

Interesting how a question on how someone feels gets changed into biomechanics.

Let me guess, heart pumping, hearing changing, vision changing slightly, listen to your own breath can you hear a fast pulse in it?

All sorts of things can be felt that science cannot prove. There is also a reason many things arent explained to beginners. You need to trust your instructor without fail before he can attempt to explain these things to you, because they dont fit with the things we learn through life.

It is real and anyone who has felt this will testify to that, but we wont defend it and cant teach it to someone, particularly over a BBS.

Keep at it, and enjoy.

Oh and by the way someone told me recently that scientists have discovered a new range of frequencies or some such thing and can now view streams of energy moving between people. For those scientists out there.

What is this new energy called? I would be interested in looking it up.

Glen Morris wrote a book called "Path Notes of an American Ninja Master" that covers a lot of information on Ki and it's uses. He has attained a high level in Ninpo and Chi Kung.

After reading his book I am throughly convinced that he did too many drugs in his youth but he has been training with the right people and has some good information. He goes over good meditations for developing Ki and martial applications of Ki.

It's worth a look...

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

• 2 years later...

Kenesai,

I am not quite to the level of a one hit knockout yet, but I have been working on cultivating my chi flow through Zhan Zhuang training. I can now start to feel each knuckle in my finger move and I can start to feel every joint move. I am more aware of my body then I was even 2 weeks ago. I hope this helps you out a little bit. The more I relax, the more intune I become with my body and how it responds to me and the the Chi.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."