• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any other gals out there?

phoenixfire

Haha! Thank you so much phoenixfire! I do hope I don't get in trouble with that blog of mine, but sensei does read it. He has the right to tell me to edit or remove anything on there, but he never has asked me to.

Sensei accidentally impaled my lip on one of my front teeth (grrr overbite) when he jabbed and I dodged the first jab then ran my face into the second one. Oooops!

I'm very grateful for sensei's patience, and everything he does for me.

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Karate gal :)

Studying 1 year now :D

and my bf is a Sandan in our dojo. Like other people said its great when both partners in a couple are into the martial arts. =]

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

Oh yar, my lip's fine now. :}

I'm getting better, though yesterday I got a little uppercut to the jaw on accident, hah! I really need to stop blocking with my face...

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

What!? I leave the computer for a month and the most awesome thread topic ever appears!?! :o

It's nice to see that there are so many other female karate-ka on these forums!

There are many strong women in the dojo where I train today, but I've also trained in places where I was the only woman as well. I have to admit that I enjoy both training environments. Each has its benefits for a female karate-ka in my opinion.

On the note of dating other martial artists, it never worked out for me. They always tried to compete over something silly like pushups or situps or ranks and I'm not really into that kind of thinking. My current boyfriend is not a martial artist at all (though I did meet him kind-of indirectly because of karate) and he's perfect for me I think. The best person in the world.

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

Not female myself, but there are several at the new school. Two instructors, at least two 2nd/3rd dans, and a host of little ones in the kids' class. At the old school, there were two instructors and one in training for black belt, and a few off-and-on gups.

You know, there were more women in my karate school than all of my engineering and math classes for a given year combined...

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

You know, there were more women in my karate school than all of my engineering and math classes for a given year combined...

I know this was meant as a hooray for karate, but it still makes me really sad how unequal academia is. ;_;

Go female entomologists!

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro