• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any other gals out there?

phoenixfire

Check this out ladies (and gents, of course!).....

8)

That is awesome! I hope I look half as good as she does at that age and still be able to get around let alone teach.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martial arts female here.

My instructor is female, her instructor is female.

At my last studio all of the instructors except for the owner were female.

I've never trained in a school were gals were rare.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

phoenixfire wrote:

In my school, the only other girls are the kids and sometimes it can be difficult to find other ladies who practice such sports.

Phoenixfire, you might want to go to the PAWMA (Pacific Association of Woman Martial Artists) website. They have an awesome summer camp every year, which some of our dojo members always attend. Some of the attendees train in all women's schools or classes, and some do not have any females to train with! The summer camp is a great opportunity to train with other women from all different styles, and learn new stuff.

As an aside, according to Quantcast, 39% of our visitors here at KarateForums.com are women. :)

As an aside, according to Quantcast, 39% of our visitors here at KarateForums.com are women. :)
I always ask if there are any MA gals out there...especially around Tampa. I wish 39% of my visitors were women! :)

everygrey,

That's really cool about the ma couple! My last sensei practiced with his wife until he passed away. They were a really awesome couple and I miss them.

ninjanurse,

I love that video! I immediatley forwarded the link to my mom. She used to take with me and wants to come back, but sometimes she gets discouraged because of her age and having been gone so long. (Silly girl) Anyway, I love it, thanks for sharing!

:pony:

Ninjanurse, thanks very much for the video. Since seeing it, I have become such a fan of Fukuda sensei it's not even funny. What an amazing and inspiring woman. I am spreading the word about her and the upcoming video.

Yes, I kept mostly quiet on the dating in the dojo thread. I think that sometimes it can work, and wonderful things can be built from it, if the relationship is strong. Even eventually a husband and wife team run dojo... :D

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

evergrey, just checked out your blog and I like it so far! You are a hoot! LOL Keep up the great work! Like you I am a bit silly and can be a royal pain in my Sensei's rear end! I have known him and his wife for a number of years and they treat me like their slightly insane adopted niece. However, during class he gets the respect he deserves! :angel:

I loved the bits about self-sparring and not running into people's fists! LOL, not that long ago I ran into a fist and got my cornea scratched. I finished my fight, drove myself with only one eye to patient first (that was an adventure) and got some drops. I finally broke down and called my mommy because at that point I couldn't open either of my eyes and had her drive me back to my place. I couldn't work out for a good two or three days! (grrr) Of course, I learned a valuable lesson about not blocking with my face. lol!