• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Awesome spin hook kick. Love Bruce Lee footage.

Yes great kick... Bruce Lee learn that kick from ji han jae (hapkido).

Bruce Lee took and learned from many great masters to become such a great human weapon.

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome spin hook kick. Love Bruce Lee footage.

Yes great kick... Bruce Lee learn that kick from ji han jae (hapkido).

Bruce Lee took and learned from many great masters to become such a great human weapon.

I believe he learned a lot from Ji Han Jae especially with them meeting for the movie "Game of Death" which he adapted into his Jeet Kune Do.

I would love to know if Bruce Lee EVER met Oyama Sosai founder of Kyokushin.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• 11 months later...

Wasnt the best Wing chun ever but it worked for him so who are we to criticize, think he was brilliant at what he did. Also think none of what he did was pure chinese martial arts.

I believe that kungfu is a supreme form of martial arts and believe we can beat anybody using Chinese martial arts whether stand up or on the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Respectfully I disagree I believe did what he did best and I don't believe for a second he felt much more efficacy in western boxing as opposed to Chinese boxing. My opinions on this matter are strong therefore Il reserve what I post here but like I said credit to him for being a pioneer of sort.

I believe that kungfu is a supreme form of martial arts and believe we can beat anybody using Chinese martial arts whether stand up or on the ground.

Sir, i dont post outof a guess.

Sigung Tim Tackett and many others said the same.

Bruce Lee liked the efficiency and footwork of western Boxing and reserved Boxing as his secret Weapon against martial Artists. Jun Fan Gung Fu is modified Wing Chun, but JKD is modified Boxing. Believe it or not. But i have been a JKD man for over 15 years.

No limits as my limit.

• 1 month later...

We all learn according to what we are thought by those we respect generally our chosen teachers, After reading your statement again I suppose I cant prove that bruce lee didnt see efficacy in western boxing so Il not go there but if he did then he was a little ignorant in doing so in my opinion. While there are some western boxers who are extremely efficient its the fighter that makes it so as in the case of Ali and Tyson not necesarily superiority in the technique.

My point being an Ali or Tyson exposed to Kungfu or Kalariyapattu would have been an even more amazing sight to behold.

If you read The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, you can see his references to Western Boxing, and how he viewed it. I think it had a pretty sizable influence on him.

We all learn according to what we are thought by those we respect generally our chosen teachers, After reading your statement again I suppose I cant prove that bruce lee didnt see efficacy in western boxing so Il not go there but if he did then he was a little ignorant in doing so in my opinion. While there are some western boxers who are extremely efficient its the fighter that makes it so as in the case of Ali and Tyson not necesarily superiority in the technique.

My point being an Ali or Tyson exposed to Kungfu or Kalariyapattu would have been an even more amazing sight to behold.

The proof is easy to see.

If boxing is not efficient and effective, why then when you put two people together to fight, they start swinging jab,crosses, and hooks? Because it is simple, effective, and 99% of the time works.

No limits as my limit.