• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nicknames

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We sometimes use them. Not so much the instructor but between us all. :lol: I get called "Hightower" (as in Police Academy) or Big D because I'm about a foot taller than the rest of the women. Most of the names I'm shouldn't repeat on here... :D

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I've been called Sensei Push & Pull because I'm door challenged as to what I'm suppose to do to open/close any door. That's why my students placed signs on every door, on both sides, at my old dojo and at the Hombu to give me a fighting chance. Sure enough, even with those little signs to aide me, I'll push when I should've pulled and vice versa.

:dodgy:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I have a few nicknames- they call me hopper (I train at 2 or 3 schools under the same name in the span of a week... I'll be at Family Karate in 4S Ranch, Solana Beach, Penasquitos, or Escondido any given day of the week), Gumby, freak of Nature (Jr.) (I'm really flexible), or "hey you"

one of the black belts got the nickname of Chomper, another is Tobo or MonkeyMan,

the black belt in charge of getting the red and black belts ready for testing has been called either Bald guy #2 or Captain Cohort.

a few people call one of the female instructors at solana beach "Mom"

Shaolin Kempo, 1st Dan (earned 3 July 2018 in China)

ITF Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan (earned 6 June 2009 in San Diego, CA)

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total

My Sensei calls me wildman sometimes. He started calling me that after I got tossed out of my first tournament. When he calls me that during class I know that i should dial it back a few notches. :D

We've got a few. Scary, for one of the guys from when we had 3 guys with the same name. Then Bobby Hill, boys looks like a grown up version of the cartoon character. D-9, as in a D-9 Cat dozer, for another fella with a determined shot. McLovin' for another of the young guys, he has that face. And lastly we have 3 guys who started together and are friends that we call the Three Musketeers.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

We really don't have many. One of our instructors is named Young Lee and he's been training there since he was pretty young and now he's in his 40s and so our head instructor started calling him Elder Lee. That's about it.