• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm a few days away...

... from testing for my green belt! I have to perform 3 kata, 5 one step defenses, spar one other green belt, then spar 2 higher belts at the same time.

I'm ready!!! :D :D :D :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no doubt whatsoever that you'll do great and that you'll pass! Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Remember, RELAX!!!!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Relaxing has been a problem :)

I tend to look robotic when the nerves get to me.

Another thing to think about: if you get robotic, forget everything, and trip over your own trousers, bow at the wrong time etc.... will you still be back training just as hard the next class? I'm sure you will, and in a couple years time you'll be just as good a black belt anyway. So, don't think of gradings as a giant wall... instead, imagine you're a river and you've filled up the dam to bursting - it's inevitable, and if it doesn't happen this time then when it does happen, there'll just be more water rushing downstream to hit the next dam. Even as a green belt, think like a soon-to-be black belt and keep your mind on the "sea" - the end-goal. Train every class like it's a grading and they'll get easier and easier as you understand the expectations better.

Go get 'em.

Cheers,

Tony

Good luck!

I suffer from nerves too - I was litterally shaking like a leaf at the start of the last grading I went to, but I just pushed through it and was just starting to relax and enjoy it when it was all over.

I'm sure your Sensei wouldn't have put you forward if you weren't ready.