• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best thing..........

Every martial art has its advantages. What is the best thing that your art has to offer?

My original background is shotokan karate but now my focus is on muay thai. I would say the best thing my art has to offer is the cut kicks to the legs. Devastating when done correctly!

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan - Balance between kicking vs punching. Balance in Art vs fighting vs SD. Fianlly Balance in traditional vs the ability to change.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

i think the best thing about small circle is the variaty of things we get learn. i especially like pressure points there fun and quite funny at times! i love the sytle and will never stop (hopfully :razz: )

The best thing I though about Tang Soo Do, was like G95 said about Shotokan (cause that's where TSD came from). It's traditional, but has the ablitiy to change. They were big on self defense. They had a variaty of techniques, not just kicking and punching. There were pressure point training, take-downs, joint locks, and (at higher levels) some ground work. It's mental training as well as physical. My TSD instructor was in several arts, and mixed them in (Hapkido, TKD, and some thai boxing). In my opinion, he ruled when it came to teaching us self defense.

What I like about TKD is (not the sport variaty) is almost the same as above. It's not traditional, but it's got the ability to change. There is a lot of kicking, but, in my dojang, we learn a fair amount of self defense. My instructors are very big on technique.

Laurie S.

Green belt TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-07-31 09:03 ]

Laurie F

Kenshin-Kan Shorin-Ryu. Its pretty versatile, you do kicks, punches, elbows, knees, joint locking, pressure points etc. I find that it is a very practical MA. :nod:

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation