• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10 years after the William Cheung and Emin Boztepe Fight

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SD, then you obviously no nothing about the actual confrontation or Wing Chun. Read both accounts and see for yourself which is the more believeable, if you are going to challenge the Grand Master of Wing Chun, then what do you expect.

Take Care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo...Shaolin Fighter...

The techniqes did not go out the window. Anyone practicing for 30+ years will not have their techniques go out the window. William Cheung was attacked from behind and was wearing demo wing chun slippers on a POLISHED hard wood floor. Ever try to spar wearing socks on a hard wood floor? Wing Chun's range is NOT grappling on the ground, so neither of them was at a range to dominate or look pretty. Had that taken place with normal shoes on or on cement, Emin would've gotten mopped. It's all about experience. Emin wasn't born yet when William Cheung was training privately with Yip Man.

Use your head man....

It is never the art which is important, only the pratictioner which the art is flowing through matters.

Yo...Shaolin Fighter...

The techniqes did not go out the window. Anyone practicing for 30+ years will not have their techniques go out the window. William Cheung was attacked from behind and was wearing demo wing chun slippers on a POLISHED hard wood floor. Ever try to spar wearing socks on a hard wood floor? Wing Chun's range is NOT grappling on the ground, so neither of them was at a range to dominate or look pretty. Had that taken place with normal shoes on or on cement, Emin would've gotten mopped. It's all about experience. Emin wasn't born yet when William Cheung was training privately with Yip Man.

Use your head man....

It is never the art which is important, only the pratictioner which the art is flowing through matters.

Jun Fan,

(William Cheung was attacked from behind and was wearing demo wing chun slippers on a POLISHED hard wood floor.)

One some of us in the past used to spar on a ice pond. So we would have experience on slippery surfaces. It wasn't easy but we learned how to do it.

(Wing Chun's range is NOT grappling on the ground) See that's what is wrong with these classical systems. I study JKD and yes we do have groundfighting. See what happens when you don't study any ground work you get your @ss kicked!!! If you are smart you better learn how to fight from the ground since 9 out of 10 fights end up on the ground.

(Had that taken place with normal shoes on or on cement, Emin would've gotten mopped) Well if that were to be true why didn't WC set a date and " the right conditions" for a rematch.

Well his private lessons didn't do him one bit of good. Maybe he should have took up some private's from Bruce L. at least he would of leard some groundfighting. And yes Bruce did study groundfighting.

I'm not saying that's all you should do. It's important to learn how to fight and win from every fighting range...... Like I said I'm glad that I study JKD. At least I'll be able too fight from any fighting range can you?

[/i]

I really dunno either of them but wat kinda master attacks the another from behind unless he is afraid to fight him for real....

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

Kickmaster....

Come on...let's not regress to 3rd grade playground arguements...you used to practice Wing Chun on an ICE POND?!?!!?

Wow.

Ok...if you understood JKD....you would not say that you study it. JKD can not be studied...it is YOUR path through martial arts whether you realize that or not. JKD is also any and all styles or systems, and none at all....so how are you studying that? Jun Fan Method Kickboxing IS however, a style which you can study. Who is your instructor in "JKD"? My main structure IS Jun Fan Method as you may have guessed.

Ground work....well, I've trained with Jean Jaques Machado for about a year about 4 times a week in the "sink or swim" class, so before you go off lecturing people with your ingenious sole knowledge that people need to crosstrain and understand every range....think twice. Not everyone you speak to is an ignorant fool. And btw, how do YOU know that 9 out of 10 fights end up on the ground? You seen every fight? If you truely studied JKD....heh....you would know that Bruce Lee used to say that the truth is different for every individual and that you should only be concerned with your OWN truth.

1. Research your own experiences in fighting for the truth.

2. Absorb what is usefull.

3. Reject what is useless.

4. Add essentially what is your own.

So, it is impossible for anyone to make a truth statement about what percentage of fights end up on the ground. Not only is that statement an unknowable fact...none of my fights have ended up there (that's 0 out of 10 for me, bro). Btw, ever left the safety of your grappling mat and practiced grappling on cement (or an ICE POND????) how'd your knees feel? The UFC and/or Pride is quite far from reality my friend. Soft mats hinder strikers from good and fast footwork, and aid grapplers in thier game (allowing COMFORTABLE grappling and making strikers slower & less evasive - easy to tackle.) Not to mention fingerlocks, eyegouges, groin kicks, fish hooking, etc. are not allowed which all completely favor grappling. Your hero Bruce would've NEVER agreed to a fight under those rules. It's not a fight....it's a, "LOT'S of HOLDS BARRED", *game* geared for grappling to look good. Hmmmm. I have plenty of streetfight experience and I would NEVER choose to go to the ground first. Next time you are outside, actually REACH DOWN and touch the cement. Feel how hard that is? ok.

This ambush on William Cheung wouldn't have happened if Emin could've won fair and square. What kind of a 14y.o. girl comes into somone else's seminar with 15+ guys and surrounds you while she attacks from behind with a sucker punch?! When Cheung got away from Emin on the ground and stood up, Emin BAILED and took his camera crew with him, dispite a plenty ready Cheung waiting for a 2nd round. Emin couldn't even finish or change positions from side control against a NONGRAPPLER. Lame.

Notice they edited out any initiation or stand up exchange? Maybe Emin trained "JKD" with Bruce Lee....cause JKD CONCEPTS allow you to take people out of their dominating range so that you have a chance in a different range. If Emin was so much better...would grappling have been necessary? I'm sure Emin looked like a beginner compared to 40+ years of Wing Chun experience.

Sounds like a coward to me.....attack from behind and then run for cover from the fair rematch....damn...that grappling strategy is amazing.

Finally, yo man, you're crazy droppin all that, "And yes Bruce did study groundfighting", knowledge down on me. Thanks for throwing me a bone! I'll tell you a secret.....I've been training under Yorinaga Nakamura (Shooto/Jun Fan Method) at the Inosanto Academy for years. EVERYONE knows that Bruce Lee innovated crosstraining. Gimme a break.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all EMIN BOZTEPE is not a Martial Artist :lol: .he a scum , a BRUCE LEE wanna be freak who wants to use Wing Tsun as a tool to make living and thats what hes always been doing :kaioken: . He attacked Mr William cheung just to get attention and everyone knows that :o . A man who started to fighting arts at the age 18 ? isnt that too early :D ? buh ! its damn late ! it would be so easy for me to punch mr Aikido lier Steven Seagal who was married to miss Fujitani of osaka and lied that he was the first westerner opend up a Martial arts school in Japan . buh, it was the dojo of Father Fujitani and I saw it with my own eyes in osaka JAPAN :bawling: also I met him in person in 1996 and if I punched him behind that would make me in the news wouldnt it ? WOW BOZTEPE little BIG MAN :lol: OHHHH ,Van damme ? hes a gay boy who had no martial arts knowledge and I also met him under very private ass circumstances :lol: ! Mr BOZTEPE you had just one bad move while you could keep attacking many famous and easy money making martial art MASTERS around ( like yourself ) :lol:

So Mr EMIN BOZTEPE attacked Mr WILLIAM CHEUNG and he got where ? nowhere :lol: , HE challenged the GRACIES and he never showed up except talking shit here and there :D . GRACIES smashed the whole world and they are unbeatable. IF EMIN BOZTEPE is such a tough fighter lets see him to fight in one of this UFC or K-1 championships a japan based deadly Martial arts tournament . of course not , He needs to do seminars to fool youngsters to make some money and free air tickets so he can say he travels around the world and teaches Martial arts :idea: !

Mr EMIN BOZTEPE you must stop doing what you do cheating young people with some steven segalish moves and cheap videos fighting fat pot belly students of you :lol: , you better do it soon before people names your style as EBFFCM ( EMIN BOZTEPE FAMEFREAK CONMAN ) :lol:

Finally , MR EMIN BOZTEPE dissed his dear Teacher Mr LEUNG TING and he wants to sell his own videos under his con style EBMAS and if you all are not aware of what kinda scum conman EMIN BOZTEPE is I got nothing else to SAY :o ! have a fooling martial arts days :lol: !

jean claudia van damass