• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10,000 hour rule

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I disagree just a hair. Bear in mind, it's all semanitcs and matters little in the grand scope of actual confrontation.

Master can be defined, in the ever changing realm of imperfect conditions for combat, as the ability to deploy basic tacitcs, on command, under stress, on the first try, without mistake.

By this definiton, certainly not my own but one I ascribe to, one could attain at least the basic grasp of mastery. but that's just me.

We worry too much about mastery. Con one engage sucessfully with tatic that they have been taught. This to me is mastery.

You're absolutely correct when you say that it's all semanitcs and matters little in the grand scope of actual confrontation, and I'll still add...or anything done my 'man'!

Again, Imho, trying to master anything is just as impossible as it is to be perfect because 'man' is imperfect; only One is master and that only One is perfect!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

The key in "mastering" anything is necessarilly quantity, but quality of reps along with it. If you practice a bad side kick for 10,000 hours, you just end up with a bad side kick.

It's just an attribute.

"One becomes a beginner after one thousand days of training and an expert after ten thousand days of practice."

~Mas Oyama~

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” -Bruce Lee

Not only how much, but how well, how much you are ready to give.

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

I disagree just a hair. Bear in mind, it's all semanitcs and matters little in the grand scope of actual confrontation.

Master can be defined, in the ever changing realm of imperfect conditions for combat, as the ability to deploy basic tacitcs, on command, under stress, on the first try, without mistake.

By this definiton, certainly not my own but one I ascribe to, one could attain at least the basic grasp of mastery. but that's just me.

We worry too much about mastery. Con one engage sucessfully with tatic that they have been taught. This to me is mastery.

This is a nice quote. I like it.