• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any signature moves?

Side Kick to the shin/knee
Classic Bruce Lee!

Yea for JKDer's they are emphasised so you get good at them.

I was actually going to suggest the Rear Naked Choke to add a submission element in. It's pretty much the ONLY grappling move I know how to do yet against people with no grappling experience I find it easy to pull off.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee on belly same side arm bar.

I also like the high guard arm bar.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I keep getting an error tryin to watch the vid.

Do you set the armbar up with a cross choke and then reaching in (with arm nearest the legs) and scooping the bicep? if that makes sense.

hand rolls are something i use alot, in different ways of course. my favorite being rolling my lead hand in with their jab and clocking them straight in the face. puts a smile on my face everytime.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

Do you set the armbar up with a cross choke and then reaching in (with arm nearest the legs) and scooping the bicep? if that makes sense.

I take knee on belly and immediately attack the choke yes. Then I bring my knee mounted leg and move my knee into the chest and my foot under his armpit. It's usually easy to do because he's defending the choke. Now I bring my other knee in and almost kneel on his head (you can do this...but it's kinda mean so I usually don't). From this point I either finish the choke, or take the arm closest to me for the armbar. Just depends what he gives me.

Similar to this but starting in knee on belly

I take knee on belly and immediately attack the choke yes. Then I bring my knee mounted leg and move my knee into the chest and my foot under his armpit. It's usually easy to do because he's defending the choke. Now I bring my other knee in and almost kneel on his head (you can do this...but it's kinda mean so I usually don't). From this point I either finish the choke, or take the arm closest to me for the armbar. Just depends what he gives me.

Gotcha, I do one with the way you describe the legs with the knee high and foot in armpit. But say it's the right knee in belly then my left hand goes for the far side lapel, thumb in and press down across the throat for the choke. When the opponent reaches up with the near side arm, my right hand reaches into the bicep or bend of the arm pull up and spin on them into place. Legs exactly as you mentioned. Learned this from Carlson before he past years ago.

Gotcha, I do one with the way you describe the legs with the knee high and foot in armpit. But say it's the right knee in belly then my left hand goes for the far side lapel, thumb in and press down across the throat for the choke. When the opponent reaches up with the near side arm, my right hand reaches into the bicep or bend of the arm pull up and spin on them into place. Legs exactly as you mentioned. Learned this from Carlson before he past years ago.

I do that one too. It's nice. Knee on belly is my favorite position. Just very high percentage for me.

pass to the dead side of a right cross and either do a modified triangle choke or pass inside of it and counter with osoto gari :karate:

The path leading to anger and conflict is wide and easy to travel the path leading to self control and discipline is narrow and difficult