Any signature moves?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to call mine "random panic." It is effective because it is so unpredictable that I don't even know what I'm going to do!

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

I'm usually good at using a jamming front leg side kick to knock people off balance, or take them off their feet if they're in the middle of a kick. The timing is tricky, but once you've got it down, you can usually use it on people once or twice a match.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

twist kick to the face... works almost every time, especially when sparring taller people who can't kick any higher than my belt 8)

hook kick round kick combination is another favourite- although I use this more in one-steps

round kick and run jump side kick are my favourites for board breaking

Shaolin Kempo, 1st Dan (earned 3 July 2018 in China)

ITF Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan (earned 6 June 2009 in San Diego, CA)

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total

Simple right hand straight punch. Probably my strongest technique and the one that I use most often. Usually like throwing it square in the other person's face. Or its good to get them in the chest if they're leaning back for whatever reason as it knocks them off balance.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Sliding side kick to the solar plexus.

I wouldn't use it in self defense though.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein