• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Solo training equipment

Calibrex

What would be a worth while purchase that I could use if there is no one else to train with?

Use could be anything from strenght training, stamina, endurance, etc

Thank you

Kudoki Kung-Fu and Ku Jutsu

in Charlotte, NC

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You can't go wrong with a basic boxing station. A heavy bag/speed bag setup works out well, and with a little creativity you can exchange out the speed bag for a double end bag.

As far as strength training, you can stick with just bodyweight or go above and beyond, with such cheap things as sandbags, rocks, and other easy yet effective items.

Kk

I didn't know what else would be useful to work out with besides my door hanger for pull ups, door tether, rope squares, or body parachute for running.

Kudoki Kung-Fu and Ku Jutsu

in Charlotte, NC

Adding to what Kuma posted, I like to throw 50 kicks on the heavy bag, drop and do 50 crunches, up and throw 50 punches, step back and do 50 squats = one cycle. I try to do 3 cycles without resting.

• 3 months later...
Hi.. I just want to ask if everyone else is wearing a gloves when doing the punches on the heavy bag.. Which one is better, with or without?? Thanks

I'm sure that everyone who owns a heavy bag doesn't use gloves, but I would recommend them highly. I would also recommend that you wear shoes while kicking the bag as well. Some MAist will disagree with me on wearing shoes while kicking the bag, but my reasoning is the same as wearing gloves.

When you train, you want to be able to punch & kick the bag hard for the length of your workout & do it again tomorrow as well. You need to protect your hands, wrists, feet & ankles from damage. Shoes & gloves reduce the risk of injury & let you train another day.

All my best to you.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Hi.. I just want to ask if everyone else is wearing a gloves when doing the punches on the heavy bag.. Which one is better, with or without?? Thanks

I'm sure that everyone who owns a heavy bag doesn't use gloves, but I would recommend them highly. I would also recommend that you wear shoes while kicking the bag as well. Some MAist will disagree with me on wearing shoes while kicking the bag, but my reasoning is the same as wearing gloves.

When you train, you want to be able to punch & kick the bag hard for the length of your workout & do it again tomorrow as well. You need to protect your hands, wrists, feet & ankles from damage. Shoes & gloves reduce the risk of injury & let you train another day.

All my best to you.

Good advise.