• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do most of you train? As in, my teacher trys to stay as traditional as possible. In Korea he says they train 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day. They get 4 dan in like 4 years and move off to open their own dojangs. From what I've read most of the Asian schools still do or used to train this way. We are open 10-12 closed from 12-2 for lunch and reopen from 2-9 Mon thru Fri. Sat 10-12. We are aloud to come as much as we want as long as we desire. I assist in running the school most of the time so I have to be there a lot.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hmmm, I dunno if I trained for 12 hours a day, I wouldn't have any time to work to support myself or to receive higher education or pursue other interests :razz: Anyways I feel that 3 hours of intense (or perhaps not so intense if you are having an easy day) concentrated and goal-oriented training is plenty for each day. I have heard of 5-6 hours per day but definitely not 10-12. Even the Beijing Wushu team does about 6-7 hours (some which involves internal and meditation-oriented training, it's not all gung ho and full physical/kinetic energy) per day and they are notorious for their suicidal regimens.

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

[ This Message was edited by: spinninggumby on 2002-07-30 19:46 ]

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

5.6..12.would be nice but taking in to the fact that i like to shop and eat and have a place to live i gotta work for a living so if im lucky ill squeeze out two hours three or four times a week!! :smile:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

WOW!!!

12 hours of training A DAY!!!!

I mean, i thought that training 7-8 hours was so grueling and only reserved to gifted persons. lol

Just by training 8 hours a day for some important even like the Olympics you are saying "No" to have a private life, training 12 hours is like saying "No" to any kind of life you may Have lol

I'm like Taezee. The kids have kind of gotten used to having food to eat, and my company is on this kick where they actually expect you to work for them to pay you. :lol:

I work out on my own every weekday morning for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Then I get to the dojang (an hour away) every Friday and train for 3-4 hours.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Hey 12 hours is what I'm told. After work they go to class. My teacher said that they get very little sleep. Of course not everyone will do it this way though, even the old school studios.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

well I train about 5 to 6 days a week, the number of hours is varyed but my week total is around 15 hours. The most I have ever trained in one day would be 18 hours, but thats only once a year.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I used to train 4 to 5 days a week (one to two hours each). My old school didn't have a limit on how many times a week you could attend.

In this school, I train three days a week (one hour each). They say that we are not allowed to go everyday, because of the limited space (our dojang can fit 30 people in rows of ten). Give me a break. My old dojang could fit 40 people, but not that many people showed up all at once. And they don't here either (except saturday open class).

Laurie F