• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you do in this choke situation?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ideally: Easy groin shot, sweep my other arm against the choking arms (outward block motion) while I do the shot , then get the hell off my knees while clearing his arms.

It took me a whole 30 seconds to come up with all that though, which is too long, so probably just a repeated groin shot in a real situation.

Did you guys read the whole thread? I'm afraid you've missed the point.

That said, it's a crappy position for a 2 handed choke, and could be escaped in all sorts of ways.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

I just think its more fun to see the different ways people would deal with a fairly easy scenario than address the insanity that lead to the thread.

And there's a good position for a two handed choke?

No, a person who is mounted has no way of bringing their legs or hips into the equation. They have no fulcrum to work with.

A 2 handed choke from mount forces a person to defend with their hands and arms, thereby giving you the opportunity to seize an elbow, shift to side mount, frame on arm and head and slide a leg over.

2 handed chokes are rude, and if you're going to do it, keep the pressure on the arteries and off of the trachea. Don't hurt your training partners.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

No, a person who is mounted has no way of bringing their legs or hips into the equation. They have no fulcrum to work with.

A 2 handed choke from mount forces a person to defend with their hands and arms, thereby giving you the opportunity to seize an elbow, shift to side mount, frame on arm and head and slide a leg over.

2 handed chokes are rude, and if you're going to do it, keep the pressure on the arteries and off of the trachea. Don't hurt your training partners.

Getting both your hands tied up on their throat is basically giving them an easy sweep though I'd think.

Most two handed chokes are due to a crime of passion and people usually aren't thinking about what they are doing except trying to squeeze the life out of someone. Which is why I think most people have a hard time putting them selves in the position of the aggressor. I think the form of question has merit but the attack in the scenario leads people into thinking themselves as the victim. If you were to change the attack to a punch or a kick or even a simple push it would be less leading.