• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Class conduction manual

I am looking for topics for a book I am writing for our instructors and assistants. This book explains the objectives of each belt level, requirements and offers structured lesson plan templates so that things are changing, exciting and progressing toward our goals.

I'm going to cover all aspects of classroom training such as flexibility, strengthening, open hand techniques, kicks, self-defense, sparring, etc - everything that goes on in the classroom. I'm going to give a wide variety of drills for achieving skill in every area for the purpose of preventing student boredom and class stagnation, while keeping things on track in the bigger picture.

I will offer at least 20 lesson plan templates, with instructions for creating more templates, so that classes are at least somewhat planned out for 30 days in advance.

If you were writing such a manual, what subjects would you include? What drills? What games? What would you say to staff who might be responsible for running classes by themselves, classes not separated by belt rank?

/\

Palms together in respect.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About nine months ago I made a list of beginner lesson ideas. They are basically general topics around which an entire lesson could be devised. I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for as far as subjects, but here goes...(I'm sure some of it is style specific so it won't necessarily translate into your style, you will have to decide that)

Centering

Balance & Posture with Stances

Balance & Posture in General

Three Parts of a Kick

Two Parts of a Strike or Block

Basic Striking Surfaces and Positions for Hands

Basic Striking Surfaces and Positions for Feet

Use of Hips for Power with Kicks

Use of Hips for Power with Stances and Hand Techniques

Kiahs

Intensity & Control

Focus & Concentration

Distancing in General

Closing and Gaining Distance

Defenses Against Straight in Attacks

Defenses Against Circular Attacks

Keeping Your Body Close to Theirs (Necessary in many of our Self Defense Techniques)

Coordination & Agility

Flowing One Technique into the Next

Speed & Reaction

Teamwork

Perseverance & Determination

Confidence & Courage

Memory (Tips and Tricks to Memorizing)

Staying Loose

As far as specific drills and games, I have tons, too many to just list out. I also love to just make them up on the spot. Tell me what you want a drill for, a topic or subject, and I'll see what ones I can come up with. Oh, you will also need to tell me what ages the drill is for.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

About nine months ago I made a list of beginner lesson ideas. They are basically general topics around which an entire lesson could be devised. I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for as far as subjects, but here goes...(I'm sure some of it is style specific so it won't necessarily translate into your style, you will have to decide that)

Centering

Balance & Posture with Stances

Balance & Posture in General

Three Parts of a Kick

Two Parts of a Strike or Block

Basic Striking Surfaces and Positions for Hands

Basic Striking Surfaces and Positions for Feet

Use of Hips for Power with Kicks

Use of Hips for Power with Stances and Hand Techniques

Kiahs

Intensity & Control

Focus & Concentration

Distancing in General

Closing and Gaining Distance

Defenses Against Straight in Attacks

Defenses Against Circular Attacks

Keeping Your Body Close to Theirs (Necessary in many of our Self Defense Techniques)

Coordination & Agility

Flowing One Technique into the Next

Speed & Reaction

Teamwork

Perseverance & Determination

Confidence & Courage

Memory (Tips and Tricks to Memorizing)

Staying Loose

As far as specific drills and games, I have tons, too many to just list out. I also love to just make them up on the spot. Tell me what you want a drill for, a topic or subject, and I'll see what ones I can come up with. Oh, you will also need to tell me what ages the drill is for.

The manual will be split into a younger and an older class. The older class begins at about age 12. This list is fantastic, and does contain some things I hadn't thought of yet. Thanks for the contribution!

/\

Palms together in respect.