• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pretty busy,

SaxonPig

Trained twice a week for a long time.

Then was asked to teach a couple classes. So I was up to four classes per week.

Then head instructor opened second location and I started going over there three times a week as well as taking the classes at the first place. Now going to class seven times each week. Teaching two and training in five.

Recently offered to teach two classes at the college where I work. That made nine total per week. Four teaching and five training.

College classes so popular the dean wants to add two more starting next week. That will mean I am going to class 11 times each week. Teaching six and training in five. First time the number I am teaching exceeds the number in which I practice. Of course this is all on top of my regular job.

Right now I am pretty beat by the end of the week. Guess I'll get tough or die.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know, there's nothing wrong with saying no to one or two classes. If teaching karate isn't your primary job, then it always comes second. And you're not going to be helping your club, your school or yourself if you burn out and wind up having to take time off all the time because you make yourself sick.

Any way you can ask to have your regular job reduced to assume more MA classes? If everyone is so happy with you teaching MA.... maybe ask to teach MA exclusively! Getting paid to train, ahhhhhhhhhh, that sounds wonderful!

Is this a problem you want to have? I would hope you're being paid by both the university and your teacher. Otherwise, someone's taking advantage of you. Time is the most valuable commodity you have.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I do get paid by the college (about $25 per hour which is less than I usually make).

Not paid for teaching at the dojo where I train (well, I don't pay for my training which means about $7 per hour compensation for teaching :lol: ). Money isn't everything. I do it to support my instructor and to promote the art.

Is that kooky?

No. The free training is good enough. That's what i get for teaching.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."