• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

questions about KARATE?

bubblygirlxxx

i just started doing karate at ATA ( pls no need to tell me if it a bad place -_-) but im really serious about Karate and would i learn to do flips and use weapons? or is it just sparring? how long does it take to be a orange belt? what kinds of things will i learn? is there someone who goes to ATA and how it was for them? im just confused and sore[/b]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ATA? There's an ATA Karate in my town, Bayonne, NJ, and Mr. Patrick Cunningham is the owner and chief instructor. You sound young. Did your parents ask questions? Receive written information? Did you watch a class? Participate?

It has a fine reputation in my town. When I took Jeet Kune Do there, a student at my high school (I teach social studies) was studying Tae Kwon Do at ATA. She spoke very well of her training and entered competitions with confidence.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

What karate is it? ATA, isn't it just an organisation? :-?

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

What karate is it? ATA, isn't it just an organisation? :-?

ATA is an actual style of Tae Kwon Do. You'll learn many different things. But you may want to ask people in the Korean arts forum about the organization. ATA isn't actually "karate" as such. It's Tae Kwon Do...a Korean style.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Okey, it makes more sense then. As I checked out their websites, propably because my english .. Couldn't understand what the style is :( , karate?/taekwondo? :lol: So thanks for makeing it clearer for me! :)

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

Okey, it makes more sense then. As I checked out their websites, propably because my english .. Couldn't understand what the style is :( , karate?/taekwondo? :lol: So thanks for makeing it clearer for me! :)

You're welcome. Oh yeah...welcome to the forums

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

uhm.....if you dont mind me asking what area are you in and how old are you? i've seen low quality at some ata schools and have seen like 2 good quality schools in ata so do your homework. also dont worry about how long it takes to get rank just do your best and your instructor will let you know when your rank is due.