• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Basic blocks Wado ryu

Robbo

Does anyone know where i could find a decent movie or pictures of some of the basic blocks for my green belt syl. I see some around the web but cannot tell (lack of experience) of they are using good techniques or not.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

wouldnt it be more benificial if you found a higher grade before the start of class and got them to take you through your blokes and strikes? Most higher grades would probably do this.

Rule one of Sparring: Beware of anyone who grins the face of obvious oblivion.

I'll echo that, learning from a living, breathing person is the best way to learn any martial art.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

It was for practice more as i have only started and although i attend the dojo and the senior grades are very helpful i want to get a little head start if you know what i mean. If i only practice once a week with my memory it would be like running uphill with roller blades. At least with a little video or material i can go through each technique before next week. :)

If i only practice once a week with my memory it would be like running uphill with roller blades. At least with a little video or material i can go through each technique before next week. :)

Do you mean that your classes are once a week, Robbo? When I took Soo Bahk Do, taking classes twice a week challenged my memory because of the "art" facet of the martial art. When I took Jeet Kune Do, which is a combative art, I attended only once a week and practiced on other days with no trouble, because practice was footwork and striking, which I did with a WaveMaster and BOB (Body Opponent Bag).

I see you're studying Wado Ryu. When I took Soo Bahk Do, there were DVDs and books that I bought from the official organization. They weren't to replace instruction but to reinforce it. Ask your teacher.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu