• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tricking...anyone?

Well, since this is a MA forum i guess there are some peeps that like to do some tricking and was wondering how many of these guys are in here. As for myself.... im kinda new with tricking sooo guess ill have to practice all those basic moves :karate:

heres a short vid about some dudes tricking

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am very mildly into trick kicks, because for most of my martial arts career, I've been a fighter. Either bareknuckle or WTF TKD. Trick kicks are fun though, and a cool way to increase your athletic ability. In fact, there are a few people trying to start a trick kick club in Seoul. It's been fun.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I used to do some of it a while back. In Kung Fu we did alot of fancy techniques. More along the lines of actual kicks though. Spinning and jump spinning kicks. The closest I ever got to anything like your vid is a barrel roll or a 540. Did well in some minor level competitions in the PKC. It's fun to watch and I think the level of athleticism it develops is great. But, ultimately, I really don't consider it martial arts as much as acrobatics or low level gymnastics.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

well, i still cant land a 540 kick therefore i kinda get frustrated at it... my 360 kick is good but i seem to not get the extra twist. I kinda use my shoulders for hte twist but who knows how to do it. Guess i need someone who knows how to do it and instruct me :D

Since a 540 starts out like a tornado kick, I'll refrain from using too much Korean haha, the back leg moves through first to build momentum, and the kicking leg follows. A 540 is achieved simply by folding under the back leg used for momentum, so that you land on the kicking foot facing the opposite direction of where you started.

That sounds complicated. As basic as I can put it, instead of keeping the leg that comes off the ground first straight, bend it, and you should be able to land on the kicking leg, thus completing your 540.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I always just put the focus on my kicking foot. I would not allow anything else to touch the ground until it did. A good way to start is just to do a jumping round house and land on the kicking foot. This is the motion you'll need to add to the 360 you're already doing. You'll need to turn the hips into the kick hard then keep them turning to spot your landing.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Maybe check out: http://www.trickstutorials.com/

I've used their stretching guides a bit in the past and if that's anything to go by then their actual tricks section should be good.

Always loved watching tricking, never been able to do it though; gravity loves me too much :roll:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Maybe check out: http://www.trickstutorials.com/

I've used their stretching guides a bit in the past and if that's anything to go by then their actual tricks section should be good.

Always loved watching tricking, never been able to do it though; gravity loves me too much :roll:

ive checked the site when i joined the club540 site... guess i need to start doing the first basic moves and then move on from there...

hand stands = :karate:

cart wheels = :karate:

spin kicks = :karate:

kip ups = :karate:

simple jump spins = :karate:

360 kick = :karate:

540 kick = :cry:

back flip = :cry:

aerial = :cry:

butterfly twist = :cry:

doubleleg = :cry:

imma work on those xD