• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think of the new Karate Kid movie?

Believe it or not, I've not yet seen it. There are so many movies out to see and to choose from. Sooner or later I'll see it.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The missus wants to see it and i liked the first, and like jackie chan so im sure i'll find it enjoyable.

Great review btw :lol:

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

• 1 month later...

I noticed this right off the bat, there are so many scenes in the new karate kid movie that were directly taken from the original, pretty much the whole movie is the same as the original, minus the location, and the cast, I guess my real question is why would someone spend millions of dollars recreating basically the same karate kid movie, that was created in the 80's, when they did it right the first time?

*+*Corsets and Basques*+*

I noticed this right off the bat, there are so many scenes in the new karate kid movie that were directly taken from the original, pretty much the whole movie is the same as the original, minus the location, and the cast, I guess my real question is why would someone spend millions of dollars recreating basically the same karate kid movie, that was created in the 80's, when they did it right the first time?
Its more of a generational thing. You bring everything up to speed with who and what the current audience knows about right now, and do it again.

I'm actually anticipating The Last Airbender though which I do wanna see. I need to see if there is a 3d theater around here.

Have you watched the cartoon version ("Avatar: The Last Airbender")? It's really fantastic. The creators are martial artists and drew upon MA cultures and techniques a lot, including getting advice from their own instructors.

I've decided not to watch the live action movie (at least not any year soon) because there's really no way they could take a full season of the show and compress it into a movie without losing a great deal of crucial story.

The cartoon was three seasons long and based on the movie trailers I'm pretty sure they're planning a trilogy of movies - the trailers don't cover anything past the end of Season 1.

There are some good reasons to watch karate kid especially if your a martial artist or have young children. I found the movie to be well done and I didn't expect anything less from Will SMith and Jackie Chan.

1. Jackie chan has never trained anyone in a film to that degree he did in Karate Kid which was awesome to see all in itself. The forbidden Kingdom used to much wire work and thats above Jackie and Jets skill.

2. Kids will love this movie and it will help promote the martial arts to younger audiences which means more students for those instructors out there.

3. It is now on blue ray and I tend to pick it up tomorrow my self, I saw it in the theaters and it was really a great movie, I think they called it Karate Kid because people always think of every martial arts as "hey you know karate" as if it is a universal style used by all martial artists, lol. Just my 2 cents guys but I think a lot of you will enjoy it or if not your kids certainly will. Great family movie! :) :) :karate:

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Kids will love this movie and it will help promote the martial arts to younger audiences which means more students for those instructors out there.

I agree, if anything, the younger generations are the only way we have to continue to move the MA traditions through the ages. The more who become interested in taking up MA as a result fo movies like this, the better :karate:

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."