• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Decided Not To Grade

Last week was such a week for me. I signed up for the Grading scheduled for June 12 and was having so many doubts, anxiety, panic, and fear. That luckily for me one of our Black Belts saw me in distress and talked to me. In the end I decided to hold off on Grading. Besides I need a bit more time perfecting my Techniques before I am ready to enter the Last Green Belt Level. So I am still a 5th Kyu.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good call. No reason to rush. If you were that freaked out, I doubt you would have done very well even if you were ready requirement-wise. You have to be ready mentally too.

Testing is as emotionally challenging as it is a knowledge/skill challenge. The higher the belt, even in the kyu levels, the greater the expectation of best performance. You acted responsibly.

Next test-time, Nanook, you'll be proficiency personified. :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Yeah, no reason to do it if you don't feel you're ready. Nerves are natural, though. :)

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...

Wise decision! Whenever in doubt; don't! Will the nerves still be there? Yepper. It's what you do with those nerves that will tell a lot. Do you master your nerves or do your nerves master you? Btw, you're not alone in this!

Do your best and let the test take care of itself. You're going to be fine, good luck!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

i know i am just repeating everyone else but that is the best way to go my sensei always tells me e will not let me train until he knows

I am ready and i like it better like thst because then you know that the things you learned will always be with you instead of just another colored belt :karate:

The path leading to anger and conflict is wide and easy to travel the path leading to self control and discipline is narrow and difficult

I would suggest taking the test. In the worst case you would fail, but there is no penalty for failing. I remember when I was taking a test for 8kyu (skipped 9kyu) so I had lots of techniques from both grades to learn and was soo nervous, but managed to pass. Well but I never care if I fail at something. So good luck on your next try, hope you'll do good

A style is just a name.

• 3 weeks later...