• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What floor material does your karate school have?

RJCKarate

We have two locations

In one location we have Parquet flooring now this is really bad on the knees and I believe they are changing the floor but I'm going to have to look elsewhere as its getting bad especially for jumping kicks etc

In the Second location we have solid wooden flooring, much better than the other location but the room is smaller.

I am actually looking at moving out of the first location and relocating elsewhere

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly my dojo's located at a school. The dojo floor is made of lino, which is horrible. (But also filthy as it's at a high school) While turning, changing stances and doing kata, your feet stick to the floor. If you are enthusiastic, you end up tearing the skin off of your toes and feet. It is incredibly painful.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pre-pivoting your support leg before kicks actually helps a lot when training in sticky terrains.

(again thanks to MasterPain for the advice)

I tried it in my last 2 training sessions with positive outcome. However I need my feet conditioned and hardened since they are still softlike underneath. Walking bare footed in rough surfaces for some time will get me there I reckon.