• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Self-Training?

I live in ocala FL near Orlando. How do I enterh information to check the creditials ?

The easiest way would just be to use the phone number, 1-973-467-3939, Pablo, to contact headquarters, where you can ask about The Soo Bahk Do Academy. It can easily be verified that it's under the US Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation, meaning it's a certified studio. A certified studio has an instructor who has gone through a process to be a certified Soo Bahk Do instructor.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Here some help for you Pablo. Like you I also had to self train myself. What I would recommend is to go to your local library and take out books on your art, martial arts books are a lot better than most people give them credit for. The only thing is that if you have to self train, I would not recommend trying TKD because kicking is much harder than punching arts. I am not trying to discourage you, but I started out with some basic boxing before I tried anything else.

I am not a fighter, I am a guardian.

I too am reppin' the CFL.

It's gonna be hard to get started training on your own. After getting some experience, it is possible (if not ideal) to continue or bridge training on your own.....for a while.

If your mom ultimately won't support your pursuits, you may have to go it alone. Often times school owners "work with" their serious students on dues. Maybe allow you to work PT in exchange for lessons, or similar.